It must be realized, on the basis of Christ’s instruction, that the church is to be a proselytizing institution, and, by implication, that the church, without evangelizing, will not long continue to exist.
- Southern California College, B.A.
- Westminster Theological Seminary, M.A.
- Westminster Seminary California, M.Div.
- Westminster Seminary California, D.Min.
- Pastor, Plymouth Congregational Church, 1980-1988
- Pastor, Covenant Community Church (OPC), 1988-1994
- Regional Home Missionary, Presbytery of Southern California (OPC), 1994-1995
- Missionary Evangelist in Uganda (OPC), 1995-2004
- Missionary Evangelist in Ethiopia (OPC), 2002-present
- OPC Committee on Ecumenicity and Inter-Church Relations, 2016-present
- Professor, Greenville Presbyterian Theological Seminary, 2004-present
- Preaching in the Marketplace (author), Westminster Seminary California (D.Min. Project), 1996
- “The Church’s Evangelistic Mission” in New Horizons (magazine), 2009. Reprinted in Equipping Preachers, Pastors, & Churchmen: Selected Articles by the Faculty of Greenville Presbyterian Theological Seminary (edited by Zachary Groff), Presbyterian Press, 2017
Phone: 864.322.2717 ext. 311