Through His outpoured Spirit, Jesus reigns to subdue and summon all creation to the adoration of His Father, subduing it day by day ever more deeply that we might learn how to “glorify God and enjoy Him forever.
- Palm Beach Atlantic University, B.A.
- Emmanuel School of Religion, M.A.
- Knox Theological Seminary, M.Div.
- Trinity College (University of Bristol), Ph.D
- Teaching Elder, Grace Presbyterian Church (PCA), 2010-2014
- Professor & Chair of Biblical Studies, Reformation Bible College, 2011-2014
- Professor of Biblical Studies, Greenville Presbyterian Theological Seminary, 2014-present
- Member, Evangelical Theological Society
- Member, Society of Biblical Literature
- Member, Dante Society of America
- The Tabernacle Prefigured: Cosmic Mountain Ideology in Genesis and Exodus (author), Peeters Publishers, 2012
- Cult and Cosmos: Tilting Toward a Temple-Centered Theology (editor), Peeters Publishers, 2014
- Who Shall Ascend the Mountain of the Lord?: A Biblical Theology of the Book of Leviticus (author), IVP Academic, 2015
- David’s Son and David’s Lord: Christology for God’s People (co-editor & contributor), EP Books, 2019
- Exodus Old and New: A Biblical Theology of Redemption (author), IVP Academic, 2020
Select Articles & Contributions
- “Crouching Demon, Hidden Lamb: Resurrecting an Exegetical Fossil in Genesis 4.7” in The Bible Translator, October 2012
- “The House of God” in Tabletalk Magazine, December 2017
- “La Casa de Dios” in Reforma Siglo, 2018
- “The Day of Atonement and Our Need for a High Priest” in Credo Magazine, December 2018
- “The Levitical Priesthood” in The Southern Baptist Theological Journal, 2019
- “Atonement in Ancient Israel: The Whole Burnt Offering as Central to Israel’s Cult” in So Great a Salvation: A Dialogue on the Atonement in Hebrews (edited by Jon C. Laansma, George H. Guthrie, & Cynthia Long Westfall), T&T Clark, 2019
- “A Theology of Leviticus” in Unio Cum Christo, 2019
- “Expiation and Propitiation” in Tabletalk Magazine, April 2019
- “Jesus the Obedient Son (Matthew 4:1-11)” in David’s Son and David’s Lord: Christology for God’s People (edited by Ryan M. McGraw & L. Michael Morales), EP Books, 2019