It is surely possible for us to hold fast to our distinctives, without un-churching those believers who do not, and to cultivate that largeness of spirit which embraces all whom God in His grace embraces – unless, of course, we are holier than God!
- University of Strathclyde, B.A.
- University of Edinburgh, B.D., M.Phil.
- Greenville Presbyterian Theological Seminary, D.D.
- Minister, Loudoun Church of Scotland, 1979-1999
- Minister, Cambridge Presbyterian Church (EPCEW), 1999-2016
- Trustee, Banner of Truth Trust, 1998-present
- Minister, Evangelical Presbyterian Church of England & Wales (EPCEW), 1999-present
- Trustee, Adjunct Professor, Greenville Presbyterian Theological Seminary, 2005-present
- Let’s Study the Letters of John (author), Banner of Truth, 2008
- The Erosion of Calvinist Orthodoxy: Drifting fro the Truth in Confessional Scottish Churches (author), Mentor (Christian Focus Publications), 2010 (Second Edition)
- The Faith-Shaped Life (author), Banner of Truth, 2013
- What Is Experiential Calvinism? (author), Cultivating Biblical Godliness Series, Reformation Heritage Books, 2015
- The Gospel-Shaped Life (author), Banner of Truth, 2017
- Ephesians (author), Lectio Continua Series, Reformation Heritage Books, 2017
- Salvation: Full and Free in Christ (author), Banner of Truth, 2018