Mankind is a son by nature, but with the fallen nature mankind is alienated and groaning for filial affection. As that affection was lost in Adam, so it is recovered in Christ.
- Tennessee Technological University, B.S.
- Mid America Baptist Theological Seminary, M.Div.
- Westminster Theological Seminary, Ph.D.
- Pastor, Stanton Baptist Church, 1985-1987
- Associate Pastor, Open Door Bible Church, 1989-1991
- Staff Person, Arab World Ministries, 1991-1996
- Pastor, Reformed Heritage Presbyterian Church, 1996-2000
- Associate Professor, Greenville Presbyterian Theological Seminary, 2000-2009
- Adjunct Professor, Greenville Presbyterian Theological Seminary, 2009-present
- Senior Pastor-Teacher, Covenant Presbyterian Church, 2009-present
- Associate Editor, The Confessional Presbyterian Journal, 2010-present
- Adjunct Professor, Puritan Reformed Theological Seminary, 2012-present
- John L. Girardeau (1825-98): Pastor to Slaves and Theologian of Causes (author), Westminster Theological Seminary (Ph.D. Dissertation), 2003
- “Adoption: A Historical Perspective with Evangelical Implications” in Sanctification: Growing in Grace (edited by Joseph A. Pipa, Jr. and J. Andrew Wortman), Southern Presbyterian Press, 2001
- “Introduction: A Historical-Biographical Sketch of R.L. Dabney” in The Sensualistic Philosophy by Robert L. Dabney (reprint), Naphtali Press, 2003
- “The Diaconate: God’s Office of Temporal Affairs” and “Southern Presbyterianism: The Character of a Tradition” in Confessing Our Hope: Essays Celebrating the Life and Ministry of Morton H. Smith (edited by Joseph A. Pipa and C.N. Willborn), Southern Presbyterian Press, 2005
- “The ‘Ministerial and Declarative’ Powers of the Church and In ThesiDeliverances” in The Confessional Presbyterian Journal, 2005; reprinted as “In Thesi Deliverances” in Equipping Preachers, Pastors, & Churchmen: Selected Articles by the Faculty of Greenville Presbyterian Theological Seminary (edited by Zachary Groff), Presbyterian Press, 2017
- “Gilbert Tennent” in Colonial Presbyterianism (edited by S. Donald Fortson III), Princeton Theological Monograph Series, Pickwick Publications (Wipf & Stock), 2007
- “Preface” and “Biographical Sketch of John B. Adger” in My Life and Times by John B. Adger, D.D. (reprint), Tentmaker Publications, 2007
- “Biblical Theology in Southern Presbyterianism” in The Hope Fulfilled: Essays in Honor of O. Palmer Robertson (edited by Robert L. Penny), P&R Publishing, 2008
- A Christian Worldview: Essays from a Reformed Perspective (editor), Southern Presbyterian Press, 2008
- “The Deacon: A Divine Right Office with Divine Uses” in The Confessional Presbyterian Journal, 2009
- “Hodge and Thornwell: ‘Princes in Israel'” in The Confessional Presbyterian Journal, 2012
- “James Henley Thornwell: An American Theologian” in the Confessional Presbyterian Journal, 2013 and The Selected Writings of Benjamin Morgan Palmer (edited by Caleb Cangelosi and C.N. Willborn), Banner of Truth Trust, 2014
- “The Gospel Work in the Diaconate: ‘A Ministry Proportioned in Number'” in The Confessional Presbyterian Journal, 2014
- “Sanctification in the American Reformed Tradition” in The Confessional Presbyterian Journal, 2015
- “John Macleod: An American Appreciation” in The Banner of Truth Magazine, December 2015
- “Family Religion: Adoption in the Reformation Tradition an Essential Element of the Gospel Message” in The Confessional Presbyterian Journal, 2017
- “A Children’s Book about God’s Hesed: T.D. Witherspoon’s Children of the Covenant” in The Confessional Presbyterian Journal, 2018
- “Holding Elders Accountable: Why It’s Important to Have Confessional Standards” on The Gospel Reformation Network, August 2017
- “Striking at the Vitals of Religion: The Courage to Discipline Theological Error” on The Gospel Reformation Network, February 2020
- Pastoral Letter on Worshipping in a Pandemic (April 2020)