- University of Aberdeen, Ph.D.
Select Books Authored or Edited by Dr. VanDoodewaard
- Charles Hodge’s Exegetical Lectures and Sermons on Hebrews. Banner of Truth, 2019.
- 1 & 2 Peter: Feed My Sheep. Welwyn Commentary Series. Welwyn Garden City, UK: Evangelical Press, 2017.
- The Quest for the Historical Adam: Genesis, Hermeneutics, and Human Origins. Grand Rapids, MI: Reformation Heritage Books, 2015.
- The Marrow Controversy and Seceder Tradition: Marrow Theology in the Associate Presbytery and Associate Synod Secession Churches of Scotland (1733-1799). Grand Rapids, MI: Reformation Heritage Books, 2011.
- Edward Fisher’s The Marrow of Modern Divinity (1645, 1648), with Thomas Boston’s Annotations (1726). Fearn, Scotland: Christian Focus Publications, 2009.
Select Articles by Dr. VanDoodewaard
- “English Puritans and the Recovery of Pastoral Ministry.” Puritan Reformed Journal 14, no. 1 (2022): 117-129.
- Review of Gentle and Lowly: The Heart of Christ for Sinners and Sufferers by Dane Ortlund. Westminster Theological Journal 83, no. 1 (Spring 2021): 210-211.
- Review of No is a Beautiful Word by Kevin Harney. Themelios 45 (August 2020).
- Review of The Whole Counsel of God: The Full Revelation of God, Vol. 2 by Richard Gamble. Westminster Theological Journal 81, no. 2 (Fall 2019): 350-353.
- Review of The Doctrine of the Spirituality of the Church in the Ecclesiology of Charles Hodge by Alan D. Strange. Puritan Reformed Journal 11, no. 1 (January 2019): 206-210.
- “Genesis and Ancient Histories at Princeton Seminary, 1812-1851.” Westminster Theological Journal 80, no. 2 (Fall 2018): 261-278.
- Review of The Whole Christ: Legalism, Antinomianism, and Gospel Assurance – Why the Marrow Controversy Still Matters by Sinclair Ferguson. Themelios 41, no. 2 (August 2016): 369-371.
- Review of The Lost World of Adam and Eve, by John Walton. Reformation21, February 2016.
- “Van Til and Singer: A Theological Approach to History,” Puritan Reformed Journal 3, no. 1 (January 2011): 339-362.