This is an electronic version of the print book by the same title.
From the Editors’ Preface:
From Calvin, the Dutch Reformed, the English Puritans, and the Scottish Presbyterians, we have inherited a rich spiritual heritage, a golden seam, as it were, in the majestic mountain of Christian spirituality. In this volume we seek to expose you to something of the depth of this treasure. It is our prayer that this book not only will help you in your pursuit of holiness, but also will stimulate you to read and study more widely in this area.
Table of Contents
- The Glory and Beauty of God (Joseph A. Pipa, Jr.)
- Seeking God’s Glory (Joel R. Beeke)
- Experimental Calvinism (Ian Hamilton)
- John Calvin, Practical Theologian: The Reformer’s Spirituality (James E. McGoldrick)
- Communion with God (Ian Hamilton)
- The Puritan Practice of Meditation (Joel R. Beeke)
- The Lord’s Day and Communion with God (Joseph A. Pipa, Jr.)
- Biblical Theology and the Issue of Application in Preaching (William D. Dennison)
- Redemptive-Historical Preaching: A Critique (John Carrick)
Appendix I – Bibliography: Puritan Practice of Meditation
Appendix II – Suggestions for Further Reading