Our January 2020 PrayerPoints dispatch is now available in printable-PDF format here.
This document is designed to be a resource to you and your church (for prayer meetings and congregational distribution).
In this edition, we are requesting prayer especially for:
- For our winter intensive classes meeting this month: Introduction to Homiletics (Pastor Breno Macedo), Reformed Worship (Dr. Joseph A. Pipa, Jr.), Pastoral Theology of Calvin & Owen (Dr. Ian Hamilton), and Presbyterian Church History (Dr. C.N. “Nick” Willborn)
- Our spring intensive class that is meeting later this month: Introduction to Biblical Counseling (Dr. Kevin Backus)
- The family of GPTS alumnus Phillip Sealy (MDiv ’04), as Phillip passed into glory earlier this week after battling cancer for two years
- The family of retired adjunct professor of biblical counseling, Dr. George “Skip” Scipione, who has been diagnosed with terminal cancer and is receiving hospice care at home
- For our staff as we prepare for the Spring Theology Conference
Not mentioned in this PrayerPoints dispatch (for want of space) is the success of our year-end fundraising campaign which concluded at the end of December. We praise the Lord that He continues to provide for our every need, and we continue to see modest year-over-year growth in donation revenues. We are in a strong financial position for the New Year, and for that we are very grateful – both to God and to our generous supporters around the world. A more detailed report on the year-end campaign is forthcoming. Thank you!