Our September 2019 Prayer Points dispatch is now available in printable-PDF format here.
This document is designed to be a resource to you and your church (for prayer meetings and congregational distribution).
In this edition, we are requesting prayer for:
- Our next president, Dr. Jonathan Master, and his family as they prepare to move to Greenville in the coming months. Dr. Master also asks that we pray for wisdom for him as he prepares to take up the leadership of the Seminary.
- Dr. Pipa’s request that we pray for him as he prepares to step down from the presidency next year, and to continue teaching as a full-time member of the faculty.
- The Seminary’s finances as we are in a difficult time of year for our cash-flow. By the end of September, we are projected to be roughly $100,000 behind where we need to be.
- Our 29 new students and 70 returning students as they continue through our programs.
- Recent Alumni Transitions: Brian McCollough (MDiv ’19), Duncan Hoopes (MDiv ’19), Curt Straeter (MDiv ’19), and David Balzer (MDiv ’03)
- For expectant mothers (we have many in our Seminary community)
- For one student’s adoption process
- For the Seminary’s Admissions Office and interactions with prospective students
- For local churches in which our students are interning, worshipping, or serving
- For our graduates who are pastoring and planting churches both at home and abroad
- For the Presbyterian and Reformed denominations and associations in which our graduates are ministering
- For our professors’ writing projects and speaking opportunities
- For the presidential succession/transition
- For Dr. and Mrs. Shaw as they prepare to move to Sanford, FL
- For friends and family members who are either Lost or hurting
- For evangelistic opportunities with neighbors and friends in our communities
- For faithfulness in studies, teaching, work and family life