Our March 2020 PrayerPoints dispatch is now available in printable-PDF format here.
This document is designed to be a resource to you and your church (for prayer meetings and congregational distribution).
In this edition, our prayers of thanksgiving and our petitions concern:
- celebration in the Lord for paying off the mortgage on our main campus building in Taylors, SC; we made our final payment in late January, and made a public announcement at last week’s Spring Theology Conference; praise the Lord with us!
- giving thanks that we are prepared to recommence classes next week (after Spring Break) during the global COVID-19 pandemic by means of our established distance learning technology; resident students and professors are prepared to attend classes from home; a “skeleton crew” will be on-campus to perform essential technological and administrative functions
- thanksgiving for a successful Spring Conference; we have been in touch with attendees and at this point it does not seem that the COVID-19 virus was spread at last week’s Conference
- pleading with God to protect the health of our community, as far as such protection serves God’s glory; we pray especially for the safety of alumni who are pastoring flocks in locations experiencing outbreaks of COVID-19
- the reliability and success of our educational continuity measures (namely, the distance learning technology we use)
- the continued financial stability of the Seminary as we weather the economic downturn
- wisdom from the Holy Spirit for our executive leaders and trustees as they make decisions regarding on-campus and distance protocols
Thank you for praying with and for Greenville Presbyterian Theological Seminary. Please stay connected (via this website and our various social media platforms) for updates and calls for concerted prayer and fasting. Thank you.